- Post Date:August 28, 2018
- Views 97
Develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition.
Marketing Director Job Duties:
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product; directing promotional support.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Marketing Director Qualifications:
Client Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Self-Motivated, Marketing Plan, Subordinate Involvement, Customer Focus, Marketing Research, Statistical Analysis, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy